Monday, April 26, 2010

Summer Programming Projects

Summer is here. Time for Nerdfest 2010. I just made that up. Its not a real event as far as I know. I won't be taking classes this summer, so to satisfy my insatiable urge to learn, and to stay on top of my "game", I've decided to take on some personal side projects.


  1. Python. This has been one of my favorite languages so far. I took one semester in it, but have been too busy with my current classes to take it any further. I'd really like to, however. And after my friend described a game hes created using Pygame, I think I have an idea for a fun project that will also help me brush up on the language.
  2. CodeIgniter. My experience with PHP has mostly been what I've learned from tearing apart Wordpress templates and changing them to do what I need them to do. After going through a few tutorials on CodeIgniter, I'd like to further my knowledge of it. I'm pretty impressed so far with what it can do and I already have a few ideas in my head for some web apps. Also, I'm excited to put to use some of this SQL business that I'm, you know, going to school for and all. Being able to combine that knowledge with making pretty things on the web? Makes me a happy person.
  3. Continue with Java. Java java java. Its not my favorite language but I'll be taking more of it in the fall, so I might as well keep on practicing and learn to have a better relationship with it.
It will be nice to work on some things for fun instead of just to meet deadlines and requirements. Of course, this is all in line next to going to the lake and seeing Year 200X play in Baltimore :D

Oh, almost forgot to add. Summer TV show list. Merlin has a new season on SyFy that started last Friday. Can't begin to describe my excitement for that. Also, I'm going to be watching every single episode of Battlestar Galactica.

So what are your summer projects going to be?

No comments:

Post a Comment